Ideally, for a memory issue, you would want to change your php settings to increase php memory allotted. In the case of most hosting providers, you do not have permissions or the ability to change the php.ini file, so here is another option:
1. Log-in to your site via FTP
2. Locate the base install of your Drupal installation - often "www" or "public_html"
3. Open/edit the .htaccess file
4. Insert the following into the .htaccess file:
php_value memory_limit 96M
5. Save the file and rewrite the .htaccess file on the server
6. Most memory issues should be resolved