Document Class describes the document type and indented audience. Any document not having a defined class will be assumed to be a definition for all audiences. The format for classes is ([Type]:[Audience])
- Definition - a concise explanation of the meaning of a word or phrase.
- Procedure – Describes a process or activity o Overview – High level introduction for a process
- Work Instruction – specific guidance or step-by-step direction on how to perform a specific job task, procedure and/or job function. Work instructions tend to be more detailed then procedures
- Form – Used for questionnaires, surveys and other documents that designed for someone to fill out.
- Troubleshooting - Used for solutions to problems. Should be organized by the problem.
- QA – Official answers to typical questions. Should be organized by question.
- Tip – A short recommendation for handling a specific issues.
- CL – Client
- CS.(AM,PM) – Client Services
- TECH.(PG.SA.TM) – Technical staff (Programmer, Server Admin, Technical Lead/Business Analyist)
- CR.(GD,IC,CW,MD) – Creative staff (Graphic Designer, Interface Coder,Copywriter, Multimedia Designer )
- IM – Internet Marketing
- ADMIN.(A) – Administration staff (Accounting)