Technical development provides the functionality of your web site. All sites have some level of technical requirements from basic web hosting to e-commerce to complex web applications.
Technical Functionality Tips
- Many inexpensive packaged scripts exist to add functionality to your site. Proper use of these resources can dramatically increase the value and uniqueness of your site for little costs.
- Technical development can be used to tailor site content to the specific needs of the user.
- Use functionality to gather information about who is visiting your site.
Technical Development Types
- Hosting/Networking Makes your web pages and applications accessible to the Internet (or Intranet)
- Web applications Adds dynamic functionality to your site
- Allows people to buy products from your site
Technical Development Process
- Architecture Planning Select the platform hardware and software for your site and applications.
- Application Design Specify application functionality to best meet your needs
- Application Development Programming and hardware configuration, testing and implementation