With the pending stable release of Drupal 7.x approaching fast (it was just announced that the Drupal 7.x Beta 1 has been released), it's well time to update our list of free Drupal themes that are ready for version 7!
So, without further ado, here's the list of free Drupal themes for Version 7.x:
Note: all themes listed either have a version for 7.x in the works, or have publicly pledged to do so.
- Adaptive Theme
Adaptive Theme, by AdaptiveThemes.com, is a full featured Drupal theme featuring 1, 2 and 3 column layouts as well as fully standards compliant coding. Adaptive Theme also integrates with the Skinr module. Adaptive Theme currently only has a stable release for 6.x, but a 7.x version is in the works.
- JacksonJackson is a great theme for business, organizations and general websites. It features 1, 2 or 3 column layouts, 15 collapsible block regioins, superfish drop-down menues, built in slideshow and IE png fix. It is also optimized well for SEO.
- TypebasedTypebased is a port of a popular Wordpress theme by WooThemes. The Drupal version includes customizable background colors and drop down menus, as well as a pleasing front end design. Typebased currently has a stable release for both Drupal 6.x and 7.x.
- FusionMuch like NineSixty, Fusion is another starter theme that's meant to be customized and developed further by Drupal developers. Fusion also integrates with the a href="http://getlevelten.com/%3Ca%20href%3D"http://drupal.org/project/skinr">http://drupal.org/project/skinr">Skinr module, and features numerous customizable settings. Fusion has also branched out, and sub-themes are available for download on Drupal.org. Fusion currently has a stable release for 6.x, with a version for 7.x in the works.
- AnalyticAnalytic is a smart looking Drupal theme that features 1, 2 and 3 column layouts, and a tableless design. Analytic was one of my favorite free themes for 6.x, and has a 7.x version in the works.
- CorollaNo, Corolla is not a theme based on the popular Toyota sedan. It's a well designed and elegant Drupal theme with full support for version 7.x (that means a stable release!) Corolla also features drop down menus, 1, 2 and 3 column layouts, and strictly follows Drupal coding standards.
- NewswireNewswire is a 4 column, tableless Drupal theme. Newswire also features suckerfish drop down menus. Newswire only has a stable version for 6.x, but they're working on a stable version for 7.x.
- RubikRubik is a different in that it's a backend theme. Rubik is meant to clean up Drupal's default admin theme, and make it more functional. Rubik runs on the Tao base theme, so you must have that installed for it to work properly. Both the Tao base theme and Rubik admin theme have stable releases for Drupal 7.x and 6.x.
- KoiKoi describes themselves as an, "elegant grungy theme with advanced settings." Koi features extensive styling options for all core modules. Koi also features layouts for 1-3 columns, follows strict Drupal coding standards, and drop down menus. Koi has stable releases for both Drupal 7.x and 6.x.
- BoronBoron is another Base theme for Drupal, but, it is unique in that it's one of the few (only?) base themes to extensively use HTML5. Boron takes Drupal's core template files and converts them into HTML5 code. Boron has stable releases for both Drupal 7.x and 6.x.