I often send documents to co-workers or clients in Microsoft Word format so that they may edit them. The pesky red underlines for supposed mis-spelled words and grammatical errors has bugged me for awhile. Well, I finally Googled it, and found out how to temporarily remove the red:
Steps in Microsoft Word 2007:
- Click on the MS Word logo in the circle located in the top-left corner
- On the very bottom-right, click on the "Word Options" button
- Click on the "Proofing" navigation item on the left side
- Under the subheading, "Exceptions for," make sure your document name is shown in the drop-down list, then uncheck these options:
- "Hide spelling errors in this document only"
- "Hide grammar errors in this document only"
- Press the "OK" button
That's it! You can always undo the temporary hide by re-checking the options.