I would like to make a disclaimer before I get started on this three month project. I am a communications girl not a web developer. I have VERY minimal knowledge of HTML and no PHP or Java insight whatsoever. I do have a blog on Wordpress and I had never heard of Drupal until I was hired at LevelTen. With all that said, here we go… When you first set up an account, you will not have a couple of really important Drupal modules. Here are a few tips to get an Admin view as well as a recovery type module (Just in case you accidentally blow up your Drupal site).
- Go to Administer > Site building > Modules
- In the list of modules, turn on Administration Menu Demo Site (Under Development tab)
- The Administration Menu will help you navigate the site
- The Demo module enables you to create snapshots of the site so you can go back to a previous point in your build.
- To start go to Site Configuration > Demonstration Site > Create Snapshot and create a snapshot called “postInstall"