If you still think plain-Jane, text-only content is good enough for your blog and social media posts, check out these statistics:
- Content featuring compelling images averages 94 percent more total views than content without visuals. (Source: MDG Advertising)
- Nearly two-thirds of all social media posts now contain some form of visual content. (Source: Citrix)
- Images shared on Facebook get more likes and shares than any other type of post. (Source: Dan Zarrella)
Fortunately, you no longer have to shell out the big bucks for Photoshop to create eye-catching, sharable visual content. Check out these five easy-to-use — and free — resources:
- Canva: Backed by social media guru Guy Kawasaki, Canva offers pre-sized templates that let you create images optimized for Facebook and Twitter, as well as presentations and even cover images. (We used it to create the image in this post.)
- PicMonkey: This online app lets you upload your photos and add add special effects as well as text elements.
- LiveLuvCreate: With this app, you can use either your own photos or a selection from their library and add text, borders, filters, and photo effects to create your own sharable image.
- Paint.NET: This free download (for PCs only) offers many of the same features as Photoshop.
- Easel.ly: Infographics are everywhere, and Easel.ly offers easy-to-use templates to help you create your own for sharing on your blog and on social media.
Do you have a favorite free tool for creating sharable images? Tell us about it in the comments!