Image Source: SXSW.com
For the past several years, South by Southwest® has exponentially become a festival for not just music or film, but also technology. SXSW Interactive starts up next weekend, but if you don't have a ticket, don't worry, there are plenty of parties and events to attend that will allow you to network and still feel like your at the official SXSW sessions.
I have compiled a list of FREE events that can be attended without the need of a SXSW ticket. You do however need to register/RSVP to attend.
- 2015 Pre-SXSW Startup Crawl Presented by HipChat- HipChat gathered 50 startups from Austin technology community and is throwing one big party. Meet community tech leaders while HipChat gathered 50 startups from Austin technology community and is throwing one big party. Meet community tech leaders while kicking back and having some drinks. Don't forget to use their official hastag: #atxcrawl15.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Salesforce is having a two-day events for networking and meeting industry leading thought leaders pannel. The event is free and attendees will walk away with schwag.
- High Five Hour Hosted by Adobe, Funsize, and Invision - Meet people, drink at an open bar and chow down on some Tex-Mex food. The catch? You will need to have a wristband. You can get the wristband by finding 12 of the members at SXSW or tweeting them to get a wristband.
- Drupal Drop In Hosted by Acquia - The event is open to anyone currently using or interested in Drupal and looking to transform their digital business. Network with some of the top innovators currently using Drupal today. This event will feature live music, great food & drink and fantastic views of 6th street.
- Marketo's Engagement Lounge at SXSW - Too much Saturday night? Join Marketo for their Engagement Lounge for a delicious brunch that is guaranteed to turn your day around. Besides the brunch, there will be a panel called The Next Era of Marketing a panel featuring marketing executives from Philips, Esurance, General Motors, TBWA Worldwide and more.
- The Engage Rage Party at SXSW - Mingle with over 1,000 fellow marketers at Marketo's Sunday event. There will be tasty treats, plenty of drinks, a photo booth, live music, and so much more
- SoftLayer Speakeasy featuring the Catalyst Startup Lounge - Need to actually do some work while at SXSW? Then attend the SoftLayer Speakeasy event. There will be coffee, tea, beer, WiFi, printers, fax, and music starting at 7PM. The lounge opens at 12PM.
- Exclusive Marketing Leaders SXSW Lunch, Hosted by Insightpool - Hosted at Eddie V's Prime Seafood, join other marketing leaders to discuss marketing innovations while feasting on food and drinks.
Will you be attending some of these events? Have other similar events we might have missed? If so, let us know in the comments below. See you in Austin, if you are attending SXSW.